When someone says "Back To School", what do you think? Are you excited to see friends or nervous to meet teachers? Either way, here are some great tips to help you stay on top of your work and ready to take on this year.
- Listen. Don't daydream in class and still expect to make a 100 on the quiz. If you think you won't remember, take notes!
- Take notes. To help you remember the material you learn in class, take notes on the important things your teacher talks about. Try writing in colors to make studying exciting.
- Do your homework and study. Trust me, this will help you. Even if you don't need it now, learning how to study in middle school is better than trying to figure it out the night before a final in college.
- Use a planner. Bad at remembering things? Use your agenda or a planner. These resources are made to help you, so use them!
- Ask questions! Don't be afraid to ask a question if it will help you understand a topic better.
- Don't procrastinate. Don't wait until the last minute to do those vocabulary cards. Start early and do a little bit of work at a time. It's much less overwhelming than 40 questions at one time.
- Get involved. There are tons of clubs around our school that are great opportunities to get involved and make some new friends.